Best of Cambodia 12 days
- Ha Long bay
- Ninh Binh
- Hoi An
- Ho Chi Minh
- Mekong Delta
- Phnom Penh
- Siem Reap
Embark on a captivating 12-day Cambodian adventure, from Siem Reap's temple wonders to the rustic charm of Battambang, the rich history of Phnom Penh, and the serene island paradise of Koh Rong. Discover the heart of Cambodia in all its diversity!
- Angkor Temples: Explore the iconic Angkor Wat and other ancient temples in Siem Reap.
- Battambang Adventure: Experience the rustic charm of Battambang, including cycling tours and the mysterious Bat Cave.
- Phnom Penh's History: Dive into Cambodia's past with a tour of the capital city.
- Tonle Sap Lake: Discover the floating village of Kampong Phluck on Southeast Asia's largest freshwater lake.
- Koh Rong Paradise: Relax and rejuvenate on the pristine beaches of Koh Rong during two days of free time.
- Ha Long bay
- Ninh Binh
- Hoi An
- Ho Chi Minh
- Mekong Delta
- Phnom Penh
- Siem Reap
Upon landing at Siem Reap airport, your guide welcomes your family warmly before a driver escorts you to your Siem Reap hotel. After checking in, you have the day to unwind, whether by relaxing or witnessing the captivating Angkor Wat Temple sunset, a true Khmer architectural masterpiece.
Stay overnight in Siem Reap.
Morning: Explore Angkor's Main Sites by local remok (tuk tuk):
- Begin at Angkor Thom, featuring the iconic South Gate adorned with carved elephants and faces.
- Angkor Wat temples, dedicated to Vishnu, the supreme god of Hinduism, are considered the masterpieces of Khmer art and architecture.
- Visit the mesmerizing Bayon Temple, known for its 39 enigmatic towers.
- Wander the former Royal Palace grounds to uncover hidden temples.
Afternoon: Discover the countryside and local life:
- Explore a nearby market, learning basic Khmer greetings.
- Journey through picturesque villages and rice fields.
- Visit an evening street market and fairground for a taste of local life.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Morning dedicated to discovering small and large temples:
Explore Banteay Srei temple (Citadel of Women), the highly sacred temples of Takeo, Banteay Kdei, and the impressive temple of Ta Prohm—an abandoned Buddhist monastery overgrown with trees and its gigantic snake-like roots (Ta Prohm, famous from the 'Tomb Raider' movie, with jungle-covered ruins).
Enjoy a free afternoon for relaxation in Siem Reap or indulge in the Siem Reap night market.
- Immerse yourself in local Cambodian village life in TaBrak Village, a short drive from your hotel.
- Share a traditional breakfast with a local family and gain insights into village customs.
- Stroll 1 km through the picturesque countryside village, connecting with the local community and observing their seasonal activities.
- Visit a local pagoda for a water blessing by Buddhist monks.
- Explore the ancient 9th Century Bakong Temple and embark on an engaging boat trip on the Tonlé Sap Lake, the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia.
- Discover the authentic stilted village of Kampong Phluck and enjoy a local boat ride, with opportunities to witness the unique lifestyle of those living among the flooded mangrove forest.
Optional excursion: Attend a captivating 'Phare, the Cambodian Circus' performance at 20:00, blending traditional and modern arts to depict Cambodian life and society.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
- Travel to Battambang, Cambodia's second-largest city and its primary rice-producing region.
- Upon arrival, check in at the hotel, and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
- Explore the 11th-century Ek Phnom temple and the colonial-style houses lining the Sangke River. On your way back, visit traditional Cambodian houses and a rice flaky cake artisan factory.
- Experience a ride on the Bamboo Train, offering both fun and a chance to witness the breathtaking countryside sunset.
- Dine at a local restaurant and spend the night at your Battambang hotel.
Morning: Embark on a half-day cycling tour exploring local livelihoods:
- Start with a tuk-tuk ride to the Battambang bike office.
- Connect with the community while cycling through traditional cottage industries.
- Interact with rural families and observe their daily activities, including making banana chips, producing rice paper, distilling rice wine, and tasting tropical fruits.
- Return to the bike office by noon and transfer back to the hotel for lunch.
- Explore the Phnom Sampov (Bat Cave), located about 15 km west of Battambang.
- Enjoy a scenic ride through the Cambodian countryside.
- Visit three unique caves, each with its own story, and witness the breathtaking panoramic view from the summit.
- Experience the mesmerizing sight of a bat colony leaving the caves.
- Return to the hotel and spend the night in Battambang.
- Depart from Battambang for Phnom Penh. En route, visit Kampong Chhnang, renowned for its traditional pottery and local kilns.
- In a nearby village, witness the art of pottery-making and the crafting of traditional rice wine.
- Proceed to Oudong, Cambodia's former royal capital. Enjoy the scenic drive through rural villages and pagodas, with views of the temple mountain's numerous stupas.
- Arrive at Oudong and relish a traditional Khmer lunch.
- Climb Oudong Mountain for stunning panoramic views. Learn about the area's history, religious culture, and its buildings from the guide.
- Continue your journey to Phnom Penh, reaching your hotel in the Cambodian capital after about an hour.
Overnight in Phnom Penh.
Day dedicated to exploring Phnom Penh, the Cambodian capital:
- Begin at Wat Phnom, the Buddhist temple that gave birth to Phnom Penh in the 14th century.
- Visit the Royal Palace, which has served as the residence and workplace of the Norodom kings since 1870. Also, explore the Silver Pagoda, one of the country's most unique pagodas, known for its floor entirely paved with silver slabs, a gift from the French king, Napoleon III.
- Explore the Apsara Association, an art school that trains deprived children.
- Visit the Toul Sleng Genocide Museum, formerly a school converted into a prison where thousands of Cambodian women were detained and tortured during the Khmer Rouge regime.
- Return to the hotel after dark.
Overnight in Phnom Penh.
You'll have a private transfer with a driver (no guide) to Sihanouk Ville, which typically takes around 4-5 hours. Upon reaching Sihanoukville, you'll be transferred directly to the boat pier, where you'll board a boat for approximately 1 hour to reach Koh Rong.
Once you arrive at Koh Rong, the resort staff will warmly welcome you and accompany you to your accommodation. Enjoy an overnight stay at your Koh Rong retreat.
During your free time, you can relax at your leisure or partake in various beach activities. It's an opportunity to create countless cherished moments with your loved ones.
Koh Rong is often referred to as the 'paradise island,' renowned for its natural beauty, featuring pristine white sand beaches, crystal-clear warm waters, and a delightful tropical climate.
Koh Rong is an exceptional place to explore the underwater world. Through snorkeling or scuba diving, you can observe a diverse range of marine life, from miniature ecosystems to corals, seahorses, and sea cucumbers,...
Departing from Koh Rong, you'll return to the vibrant city of Phnom Penh to conclude your adventure in Cambodia. From there, you'll begin your journey back to your home country, carrying with you the memories of an incredible travel experience.
- Accommodation for the entire circuit, in hotels or with locals
- Travel according to the program by private car
- English-speaking guide for the visits mentioned in the program
- All activities mentioned in the program, including entrance fees to tourist sites
- Economy class domestic flights with airport taxes included
- Meals mentioned in the program
- Bottle of water during guided tours (2 x 500ml/traveler/day)
- Government taxes currently in force (VAT, etc.)
- International flights from your home
- Visa fees, payable directly at the airport customs (see VISA)
- Bank fees related to payment
- Personal insurance
- Personal beverages during meals: beer, Coca-Cola, fruit juice, etc.
- Other meals not specified in the program
- SIM card and mobile plans
- Tips, personal expenses, and other services not mentioned in the "Our Included Services" section
Our Happy Customers
September 21, 2023 - Following our trip to Vietnam, we would like to express our gratitude for the exceptional service provided by your agency. Every aspect of our journey was flawless.
We wish to extend our heartfelt thanks to our guides and drivers, who played a pivotal role in making our trip a resounding success. Beginning with Hieu and Cuong in the northern region, Duong in Halong Bay, Dao and Hieu in Dong Hoi, and finally Duc and Oyi in Hue, each of them left a lasting impression.
We want to particularly acknowledge Hieu, who adeptly adjusted our itinerary to align with our ever-evolving preferences, and Cuong, whom we fondly dubbed 'the man who arrives right on time' because he always seemed to be there even before we needed him..
August 28, 2023 - Hello, it is us who thank you for the fantastic journey we experienced, one that exceeded all of our expectations. I have nothing to criticize about the organization, which was impeccable. The guides were excellent and delightful, as were the drivers. We were warmly received in every hotel without exception and taken care of, leaving us with no worries for the rest of the time! All the hotels were chosen with discernment and surpassed our expectations.
Our gratitude extends to the entire team! You can count on me to spread the word about your services.
The BROSSY family
On behalf of the entire family, I would like to express our gratitude for the organization of our trip to Vietnam. We were warmly welcomed everywhere we went and had three wonderful weeks.
The hotels were excellent, especially the Kiman Hotel in Hoi An with its very friendly staff and bicycles available (very convenient for getting to the beach), the hotel in Mui Ne (a beautiful and well-maintained setting), and the bungalow in Pu Long (a beautiful pool with a splendid view of the rice fields). We also greatly enjoyed our stay with Mr. Ti, where we made wonderful connections and had a fantastic evening over a delicious meal.
Regarding transportation, our taxis were very spacious, comfortable, and always punctual, making our journeys enjoyable and relaxing. Thanks to our drivers who adapted the program to our wishes (lunch breaks, beach stops). A tip for the case you host other Swiss travelers (who don't often have the opportunity to see the sea!): plan for a 1-
The GAUTIER family
Thanks to Découverte Vietnam agency for this wonderful trip. The agency organized an excellent 14-day tour for us, from Halong Bay to the Mekong Delta, at our own pace, as a family. Unforgettable moments (from July 21st to August 4th, 2023).
Special thanks to Thom for perfectly organizing this tour down to the smallest details, which went smoothly. Communication through email and WhatsApp was very easy with immediate responses, creating complete trust.
The NOLLIER family
August 17, 2023 - Hello Thanh LE, our stay is coming to an end, and here we are in Mui Ne at a superb hotel for relaxation. It has been a wonderful time, a journey through time from north to south, accompanied by three guides we already miss. We had grown fond of them; they provided guidance and demonstrated remarkable human and professional qualities. Thank you for selecting them for us. They allowed us to get as close as possible to the local population and to experience moments we will never forget. They enriched us with their knowledge of Vietnamese culture, regardless of the region, and did so with humor, joy, kindness, and exceptional proficiency in French. We also want to acknowledge the drivers, especially during the nine days with Dac in the north, despite the language barrier.
Return to the roots of My Linh & Guy (Guadeloupe) and Christine & Thành (Belgium)
June 8, 2023 - Thank you, Chau Thom, for everything. Vietnam Discovery organized an excellent trip for us in Vietnam and Cambodia. It was a return to our roots for my sister (My-Linh) and me (Thành), as well as a discovery of our home country for my brother-in-law (Guy) and my wife (Christine).
Everything went perfectly from the first contact with the agency, whether by email or directly through WhatsApp. Thom, our contact, took care of our adventure down to the smallest details, and everything proceeded in excellent conditions.
Mrs. Martine Vanderbeck and her son
May 13, 2023 - We had a wonderful journey that will leave us with marvelous memories, both my son and I (it was his 30th birthday gift!)... and this was all thanks to you for taking care of the logistics. I want to point out that the choice of hotels was perfect, as were the guides (Duc in Vietnam and Moni in Cambodia) and the drivers who went out of their way to make us happy, not to mention the tours, which were 'must-see' given the limited time we had on site![see more]
Most frequently asked questions
1. What are the Cambodian visa requirements?
As for the Cambodian entry visa, no special procedure is required. You can obtain it directly from Cambodian authorities upon your arrival at Siem Reap airport or the Chau Doc border crossing in Phnom Penh. However, you will need to provide 2 passport-sized photos in addition to your passport and a fee of 30-35 USD per person.
2. What is the best time to visit Cambodia?
3. Can one reach Cambodia by air?
- Tour: Best of Cambodia 12 days
- Duration: 15 days 14 nights
- Type: The Essentials
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or provide us with details about your project. Our advisor will contact you shortly.
Our information and quotes are completely free!
If you are unable to submit this form, please contact us directly at :