Terms & Conditions
Upon booking one of our trips, you enter into a contractual agreement with Kampá Tour. The terms "we" and "our" are attributed to Kampá Tour, and the terms "you" and "the client" are attributed to travelers who purchase services from Kampá Tour. The following terms of sale form the basis of the contract. All communications and confirmation documents (by email, fax, etc.) between the client and Kampá Tour serve as the contract.
1. Passport and Visa
Before embarking on your journey, please ensure that you meet the required criteria for:
Passport: generally valid for a minimum of 6 months after your return.
Visa: mandatory for entry into Vietnam (citizens of certain European countries, including France, enjoy a visa exemption for stays of up to 15 days).
If you choose our agency to obtain a visa upon arrival in Vietnam, our team will handle the entire procedure for obtaining your visa through local competent services. An invitation letter, referred to as prior authorization, will be provided to you before your departure date. This document allows you to exit your country and enter Vietnamese territory without any issues. However, our responsibility cannot be held in the event of refusal by competent authorities for political reasons or in cases of force majeure (1) and does not exempt you from the contractual clauses of this agreement.
2. Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is mandatory for all our trips. You must have international travel insurance covering at least medical expenses and repatriation in case of an accident. Your travel insurance should be confirmed before your departure.
Upon confirming your trip reservation, we will provide you with a reservation form containing details of your booked itinerary and your contact information for you to fill out. This form must be returned to Kampá Tour via:
- Directly to the email of your dedicated consultant or at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to our office address.
After receiving your reservation, a written confirmation will be sent to you within 5 working days (one week).
4. Trip Price
The price of your trip is based on a known cost at the time of sending our quotation. Upon payment of the deposit (or the full amount of your trip), we guarantee the price of your trip (excluding changes on your part). However, some cases of force majeure may require us to adjust our prices to comply with the travel conditions as described in the quotation. These cases of force majeure may include:
- An unforeseeable and significant increase in our local service providers (hotels, trains, planes, junks, boats, road vehicles, etc.).
- A significant currency fluctuation significantly affecting the exchange rate.
- The introduction of a new tax by the government.
Proof of these cases of force majeure will be provided to the client. In these cases of force majeure, even after payment of the deposit, the client may refuse these increases and cancel the trip. We commit to refund the deposit you have paid after deducting any necessary costs (if needed) related to booking services (often these are domestic flights).
For booking your services, we require a deposit of 25% of the total tariff. The deposit should be transferred to our account, the reference for which will be provided in our reservation form. Once this amount is received, a written confirmation will be sent to you, certifying the amount of the deposit paid, with dates, signatures, and stamps from our company. Thus, the reservation procedure will be effective. You can make your payment via:
- Bank transfer
- Online credit card payment
- Money transfer services: Wise, Western Union, MoneyGram.
The balance of 75% will be paid either before your departure or upon your arrival in Vietnam. Please note that bank charges are at your expense.
6. Trip Modifications
The booking of your trip services only takes place after we have received your completed reservation form and your trip deposit. In case a service (hotel, flight, etc.) is no longer available at the time of booking, we will propose replacements of similar or higher value.
- We reserve the right to:
- Make minor changes to the program at any time and without notice, with these changes not entitling to any refund from us.
Change the program and its details without prior notice in the event of flight cancellations, changes in airline schedules, or due to a lack of available seats.
However, if we are required to make major changes to your program, we will endeavor to inform you as soon as possible and offer you the following options:
- Accept the changes.
- Purchase another one of our trips (paying an additional fee if the trip is more expensive or receiving a refund of the difference if the trip is cheaper).
- Cancel your trip; we will then refund you the entire payments made after deducting any necessary costs (if needed) related to booking services (often these are domestic flights).
7. Trip Cancellation
The agency reserves the right to cancel your trip for the following reasons:
- Failure to make payment on your part.
- Force majeure circumstances (1).
In any case, we will do our best to find a replacement by offering a solution of similar value.
On your part: any cancellation must be communicated by email. If the cancellation occurs immediately after booking the trip, we will charge:
- Cancellation fees for airline tickets (if applicable).
- Deposit for certain hotels (if applicable, some high-end local hotels require a deposit when reserving your room).
Additionally, other cancellation fees will be your responsibility, depending on the timing of the cancellation:
- More than 90 days before the start of the trip: 5% of the deposit will be retained.
- Between 90 and 60 days before the start of the trip: 25% of the deposit will be retained.
- Between 60 and 30 days before the start of the trip: 50% of the deposit will be retained.
- Between 30 and 15 days before the start of the trip: 75% of the deposit will be retained.
- Less than 15 days before the start of the trip: the entire deposit will be retained.
- After the start of the trip: 100% of the trip price must be paid to the agency.
The difference will be refunded to you via bank transfer. Bank charges will be at your expense.
8. Unused Services
Any shortened or interrupted journey, as well as any unused land, river, sea, or air service for any reason, will not result in a refund from us.
We act as an intermediary between the client and various service providers (airlines, hotels, carriers, restaurants, boats, etc.). We strive to provide you with the best quality of services, but we should not be confused with these various providers, who, in any case, are responsible for their services. We cannot be held responsible for:
- Damaging consequences resulting from a force majeure event (weather, natural disaster, political issues, strikes).
- Consequences related to changes in flight or airport schedules.
- Consequences related to flight delays, cancellations, or disruptions of air and rail transport.
- Theft or damage to personal belongings in hotels.
- Forgetting, loss, or damage to personal belongings.
- Damages committed by our passengers.
- Costs incurred due to an accident.
- Non-compliance with schedules by the traveler.
Nevertheless, in all circumstances, we will do our best to find a replacement solution by offering a solution of similar value. We accept our responsibilities if the services we committed to providing to you were not as described or not at a reasonable standard. Furthermore, we also accept responsibility for any act of omission by any of our employees, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors (provided that they are acting within their roles under our authorization). The maximum amount that we may agree to refund you shall not exceed the price of your trip, and daily compensation shall not exceed USD 30 per person. The maximum only applies in cases where your trip did not go well, and you did not derive any satisfaction from it. In all other cases, we reserve the right to offer you compensation at our sole discretion, taking into account all relevant factors.
10. Claims / Disputes
Any claim regarding a trip or stay must reach us no later than 5 working days or 7 days after the scheduled end date of the service, by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt. It is specified that any claim or complaint must be made by email. In the event of difficulties, both parties must seek an amicable solution to their dispute. In cases of disputes and/or complaints, the "International Arbitration Center of Vietnam" under the "Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Vietnam" shall have sole jurisdiction.
(1) War or threat of war, riots, natural or nuclear disasters, port blockades, looting, fires, any terrorist activity, weather, epidemic, quarantine, or any similar event.
(2) Cancellation, modification, or diversion of an internal or international flight.
(3) Refusal or cancellation of a visa, repatriation by Competent Authorities.
(4) Loss, theft, voluntary or involuntary destruction of a passport and/or official documents.