10 Days, 10 Colors: A Journey through Vietnam
- Ninh Binh
- Baie d''Halong
- Hoi An
- Ho Chi Minh
In this 10-day program, we have curated Vietnam's most unique and iconic landscapes, enabling you to maximize your exploration time and embark on an exceptional journey
- Explore the main tourist sites from south to north of the country.
- Enjoy a cruise in Halong Bay, including a ride on a traditional junk boat.
- Learn about the historic Cu Chi tunnels.
- Experience the rich culture of the Mekong Delta region.
- Discover Ha Long Bay on land
- Strike a balance between guided tours, personal exploration, and relaxation.
- Ninh Binh
- Baie d''Halong
- Hoi An
- Ho Chi Minh
Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam! You will arrive in Ho Chi Minh City, also known as Saigon, was once the capital of South Vietnam and is now the country's commercial capital. After your long flight, the remainder of this day is a great opportunity to rest and acclimate to the new time zone.
Wake up feeling energized after a restful night's sleep at your luxurious hotel and enjoy a delicious breakfast before embarking on a full day tour with your private guide.
- Ben Thanh market - symbol of the city.
- Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office (built to the plans of Gustave Eiffel).
- The Headquarters of the Popular Committee of Ho Chi Minh City - the former Marie Centrale, the most beautiful colonial building in the city.
- The Museum of Traditional Medicine of Vietnam, discovery of traditional Vietnamese medicine, more than 3000 years old.
- The Chinese district of Cho Lon (Chinatown) with the temple of the Heavenly Lady Thien Hau.
- Explore the incredible underground network of Cu Chi,
Today, immerse yourself in the enchanting beauty of the Mekong Delta. Begin with a pleasant 2.5-hour car journey to Ben Tre. From there, embark on a private motorized boat, cruising along one of the Mekong's picturesque tributaries. Explore local treasures such as a coconut candy workshop, a brick-making facility, and a straw mat weaving workshop. Afterward, enjoy a delightful motor cart ride through lush fruit gardens and savor a tranquil garden restaurant lunch. In the afternoon, glide serenely along a peaceful canal shaded by nipa palm trees before returning to your boat.
Later in the day, we'll swiftly transport you to Danang airport for a convenient one-hour evening flight to Danang City, your gateway to Hoi An. Upon arrival at Danang airport, a warm welcome awaits you, and you'll be transferred to your Hoi An hotel. Check-in and unwind for a peaceful night's rest.
Spend your morning accompanied by a local guide for a delightful exploration of Hoi An! Our adventure begins at 8:00 a.m. as we delve into the enchanting world of this beautifully preserved trading port. Discover the allure of its historic edifices, cultural crossroads, and local way of life. Admire the venerable Cam Pho communal house and the iconic Japanese Covered Bridge. Immerse yourself in the authenticity of the Quan Thang ancient house and the vibrant Fujian Assembly Hall. Venture into the bustling central market, where you'll witness the daily rhythms of the locals and encounter a variety of delectable culinary offerings.
But that's not the end of our journey! As a special highlight, you'll have the unique opportunity to master the art of crafting traditional lanterns. Guided by passionate artisans, you'll partake in every step of lantern creation, from shaping the frame to crafting your very own radiant lantern.
Following this unforgettable experience, the rest of your day is yours to explore the city further or return to your hotel at your leisure.
Enjoy a leisurely morning in Hoi An, where you can choose to do some final activities in the charming old town or relax at the beautiful Cua Dai beach. As noon approaches, it's time to get ready for a short flight to Hanoi. Our team will warmly greet you and take you to your hotel, where you'll spend the night.
Hanoi, a thousand-year-old capital located in the heart of northern Vietnam. Departure for the first visits to the city center to soak up the charm of the thousand-year-old capital:
- King Ly Thai To square, discovery of the thousand-year-old history of the Vietnamese capital.
Ly Thai To is the founder of the Ly dynasty (1009-1225). It was he who transferred the capital from Hoa Lu to Hanoi in 1010
- Lake of the Restored Sword with the temple of Mount Jade, the Turtle Islet, in the heart of Hanoi.
- Explore the Hanoi Old Quarter with 36 corporation streets, where you can stroll through craft streets bearing the name of the goods that were produced and sold there. Don't forget to stop at Ma May Street and visit an old 'Tube' house, a characteristic feature of traditional Hanoi architecture.
This Old Quarter is located in the heart of Hanoi and is full of old houses, temples, bustling markets, artisan shops, and traditional restaurants. It is an emblematic place that testifies to the history and culture of the Vietnamese capital.
Discover the colonial heritage with French concessions: take a cycle rickshaw ride through the city to visit the Grand Théâtre, the Métropole hotel, the state bank, the Central Post Office… End your day with a relaxing night at the hotel
Departure for Ninh Binh – land of limestone rocks, sugar loaves and rice fields flooded by rivers and lakes all year round.
Arrival in Ninh Xuan, visit Mount Mua. Climbing a white staircase of 486 stone steps to the summit, this bell-shaped mountain will offer you a panoramic view of the Tam Coc region.
A limestone mountain located near the rivers and sugar loaves of Tam Coc. In the past, it was famous for its dance performances offered to the kings of the Tran dynasty (13th-14th century).
Then transfer to Tam Coc, bike ride and relax to discover this fabulous region.
A vast landscaped area including sugar loaf rock formations, rice fields and rivers. Boat trips on the Ngo Dong River, through the sugar loaves, will allow you to fully enjoy the lush surrounding nature.
In the afternoon, enjoy a boat trip along the Ngo Dong River to explore the beauty of Tam Coc. This meandering river takes you through lush rice fields, past picturesque sugar loaf hills, and beneath the three enchanting caves nestled at the base of towering limestone peaks.
At the end of the day, return to Hanoi and spend the night at your hotel.
Embark on a journey to Halong Bay, often hailed as the most stunning bay in Vietnam and one of the most enchanting landscapes in all of Asia. Step aboard a traditional junk upon arrival and receive a warm welcome from the crew. Set sail for an unforgettable cruise across the bay, where you'll have the opportunity to explore the northern part of Halong Bay, known as Bai Tu Long:
We provide shared junks, typically smaller in size with 10 to 12 cabins, suitable for hosting around twenty passengers. Alternatively, you have the choice of selecting a private cruise on a smaller junk, offering one or a few cabins, for a truly unforgettable experience. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you're interested in this option.
- Enjoy the breathtaking beauty of the picturesque islands and islets, each with its unique shapes resembling sails, dogs, roosters, and incense burners.
- Explore the stunning caves of Halong Bay, including Thien Canh Son, which houses stalagmites and stalactites dating back several thousand years.
- The cruise then continues to Cap La, where you can embark on a kayaking adventure and take a refreshing swim in the bay's pristine waters, weather permitting
End of the afternoon, relaxing on the upper deck of the junk.
- Participation in a culinary demonstration on board, preparation of spring rolls or spring rolls.
- Tasty seafood lunch and dinner.
- Free evening for your personal rest and relaxation: card games, night fishing…
Night on board.
Rise at dawn to savor a truly unique spectacle: the first rays of sunlight peering over the countless sugarloaf peaks of the bay, followed by a serene Tai Chi session on the terrace.
Tai Chi, the art of deep relaxation, involves performing a series of slow, flowing, and circular movements.
Enjoy lunch on the junk, then disembark and return to Hanoi.
Our journey ends today. You can prepare for departure or explore the vibrant streets and markets for souvenirs. Our team will assist with your airport transfer. Reflect on your adventures and bid Vietnam farewell. Until next time!
More tour ideas
Vietnam in 12 Days: From the North to the South
This 12-day North-to-South itinerary is perfect for those who prefer to arrive via the capital, Hanoi, and depart from Ho Chi Minh City. It allows travelers to become well-acquainted with the S-shaped country by discovering its main cultural and natural riches.
- Accommodation for the entire circuit, in hotels or with locals
- Travel according to the program by private car
- English-speaking guide for the visits mentioned in the program
- All activities mentioned in the program, including entrance fees to tourist sites
- Economy class domestic flights with airport taxes included
- Meals mentioned in the program
- Bottle of water during guided tours (2 x 500ml/traveler/day)
- Government taxes currently in force (VAT, etc.)
- International flights from your home
- Visa fees, payable directly at the airport customs
- Bank fees related to payment
- Personal insurance
- Personal beverages during meals: beer, Coca-Cola, fruit juice, etc.
- Other meals not specified in the program
- SIM card and mobile plans
- Tips, personal expenses, and other services not mentioned in the "Our Included Services" section
Our Happy Customers
September 21, 2023 - Following our trip to Vietnam, we would like to express our gratitude for the exceptional service provided by your agency. Every aspect of our journey was flawless.
We wish to extend our heartfelt thanks to our guides and drivers, who played a pivotal role in making our trip a resounding success. Beginning with Hieu and Cuong in the northern region, Duong in Halong Bay, Dao and Hieu in Dong Hoi, and finally Duc and Oyi in Hue, each of them left a lasting impression.
We want to particularly acknowledge Hieu, who adeptly adjusted our itinerary to align with our ever-evolving preferences, and Cuong, whom we fondly dubbed 'the man who arrives right on time' because he always seemed to be there even before we needed him..
August 28, 2023 - Hello, it is us who thank you for the fantastic journey we experienced, one that exceeded all of our expectations. I have nothing to criticize about the organization, which was impeccable. The guides were excellent and delightful, as were the drivers. We were warmly received in every hotel without exception and taken care of, leaving us with no worries for the rest of the time! All the hotels were chosen with discernment and surpassed our expectations.
Our gratitude extends to the entire team! You can count on me to spread the word about your services.
The BROSSY family
On behalf of the entire family, I would like to express our gratitude for the organization of our trip to Vietnam. We were warmly welcomed everywhere we went and had three wonderful weeks.
The hotels were excellent, especially the Kiman Hotel in Hoi An with its very friendly staff and bicycles available (very convenient for getting to the beach), the hotel in Mui Ne (a beautiful and well-maintained setting), and the bungalow in Pu Long (a beautiful pool with a splendid view of the rice fields). We also greatly enjoyed our stay with Mr. Ti, where we made wonderful connections and had a fantastic evening over a delicious meal.
Regarding transportation, our taxis were very spacious, comfortable, and always punctual, making our journeys enjoyable and relaxing. Thanks to our drivers who adapted the program to our wishes (lunch breaks, beach stops). A tip for the case you host other Swiss travelers (who don't often have the opportunity to see the sea!): plan for a 1-
The GAUTIER family
Thanks to Découverte Vietnam agency for this wonderful trip. The agency organized an excellent 14-day tour for us, from Halong Bay to the Mekong Delta, at our own pace, as a family. Unforgettable moments (from July 21st to August 4th, 2023).
Special thanks to Thom for perfectly organizing this tour down to the smallest details, which went smoothly. Communication through email and WhatsApp was very easy with immediate responses, creating complete trust.
The NOLLIER family
August 17, 2023 - Hello Thanh LE, our stay is coming to an end, and here we are in Mui Ne at a superb hotel for relaxation. It has been a wonderful time, a journey through time from north to south, accompanied by three guides we already miss. We had grown fond of them; they provided guidance and demonstrated remarkable human and professional qualities. Thank you for selecting them for us. They allowed us to get as close as possible to the local population and to experience moments we will never forget. They enriched us with their knowledge of Vietnamese culture, regardless of the region, and did so with humor, joy, kindness, and exceptional proficiency in French. We also want to acknowledge the drivers, especially during the nine days with Dac in the north, despite the language barrier.
Return to the roots of My Linh & Guy (Guadeloupe) and Christine & Thành (Belgium)
June 8, 2023 - Thank you, Chau Thom, for everything. Vietnam Discovery organized an excellent trip for us in Vietnam and Cambodia. It was a return to our roots for my sister (My-Linh) and me (Thành), as well as a discovery of our home country for my brother-in-law (Guy) and my wife (Christine).
Everything went perfectly from the first contact with the agency, whether by email or directly through WhatsApp. Thom, our contact, took care of our adventure down to the smallest details, and everything proceeded in excellent conditions.
Mrs. Martine Vanderbeck and her son
May 13, 2023 - We had a wonderful journey that will leave us with marvelous memories, both my son and I (it was his 30th birthday gift!)... and this was all thanks to you for taking care of the logistics. I want to point out that the choice of hotels was perfect, as were the guides (Duc in Vietnam and Moni in Cambodia) and the drivers who went out of their way to make us happy, not to mention the tours, which were 'must-see' given the limited time we had on site![see more]
Most frequently asked questions
1. What budget should I plan for a trip to Vietnam?
As an approximate guideline, the cost of a 2-week trip to Vietnam would be around 1450€ per person when traveling as a pair (excluding airfare). For a 3 or 4-week journey, please budget between 1900€ and 2500€ per person. If you're in a larger group (4 or 6 people), the trip will be more cost-effective. The price always varies depending on the duration and time of your stay, as well as your preferences (activities, services). Please leave us a quote request, and our travel advisor will provide you with more detailed information and a quote.
2. What is the 'customized travel' option?
3. How can I book my trip?
4. What is the price of the trip?
5. What are the best times to visit Vietnam?
6. Am I exempt from the visa? If not, how can I obtain it?
7. Can I make changes to the itinerary?
- Tour: 10 Days, 10 Colors: A Journey through Vietnam
- Duration: 10 days 9 nights
- Type: The must-sees
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or provide us with details about your project. Our advisor will contact you shortly.
Our information and quotes are completely free!
If you are unable to submit this form, please contact us directly at :